Master’s in Engineering Physics (S2 TF)
Engineering Physics is a field of engineering that studies multifaceted physical phenomena. Engineering physicists have strong understanding of mathematics, science, and fundamental engineering with which they are able to analyze, design, and engineer.
Master’s in Engineering Physics program is a continuation of the undergraduate Engineering Physics Bachelor’s program, with a focus on deepening knowledge of fields that include Industrial Process Automation, Material Processing and Computation, Building Physics, and Lighting.
The new Lighting field of study is developed specifically for graduates of Interior Design and Architecture who are eager to complement their existing expertise with the technical aspects of Lighting.
- Provide an education that produces graduates who are able to independently design, operate, and analyze systems that involve multiscale technology and multifaceted physics.
- Provide a cohesive learning environment that is able to improve education quality, research, development, and professional services on fields that are related to engineering physics, which includes measurement and sensor systems, building physics and acoustics, material processing and computation, built environment physics, energy systems, and system automation.
- Have the capability to improve themselves into successful professionals that holds competitive positions in industry, government, research institutions, or academia that is in-line with the engineering physics field of study.
- Have the capability to manage and develop research as well as expand the engineering physics body of knowledge that is beneficial to humankind and is nationally or internationally recognized.
- Have the capability to continue their graduate studies to pursue a doctorate degree or become a researcher who are able to develop the latest science and technology as well as to uphold professionalism, ethics, and the will to study throughout life.
II. Competence of Master’s in Engineering Physics Graduates
- Comprehensive and in-depth mastery of a chosen track of study in the Master’s in Engineering Physics program.
- Ability to design (identify, formulate and analyze problems, synthesize and evaluate solutions) a system.
- Ability to research independently according to scientific principles and methodology.
The knowledge gained from completing an undergraduate program is sufficient to serve as the foundation to enroll in the Master’s in Engineering Physics program, which provides four study tracks:
Eligible undergraduate majors: engineering physics, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering.
Eligible undergraduate majors: Any related science and engineering fields, including architecture.
Eligible undergraduate majors:: Any related science and engineering fields, including interior design and architecture.
General Requirements and
Academic Administration Office of The ITB Masters in Engineering Physics Program
TP Rachmat (Labtek VI) Building 2nd floor, Institut Teknologi Bandung
Ganesha Street No. 10, Bandung, 40132
Phone: +62-222-504-424 ext. 136, 137.